The MPN which was formally known as the Microgaming Poker Network has announced the addition of Achievements.
The way the Achievements work is they reward players for completing a series of challenges within the game.
Lydia Melton, Head of Network Games at Microgaming had the following to say about this new addition.
Poker isn’t just about winning money. It’s also about challenging yourself and your friends and having fun doing it. Our new Achievements feature is about enhancing this aspect of poker.
The Achievement system will reward players from serious to recreational and will be launched live today on the MPN network. The first phase of achievements are below.
- Pimp My Client, which encourages new players to configure the MPN poker client to best suit them.
- Chatterbox, which is awarded to players who socialise with their opponents at the table.
- Cliché Collector, which goes to players who collect a series of iconic Hold’em hands.
- All Rounder, which players receive for trying all poker variants.
- Early Bird, for those players who start new tables and tournaments.
- Live Wire, which is awarded to players who qualify for live events via the MPN.
- Bing Blang Blaow, which requires no explanation for those players familiar with the popular meme.
Christopher Hirst, Head of Poker at Betsson Group which is part of the MPN network had the following to say.
Making poker more fun and challenging in new and exciting ways is very important to us. We’re very happy that the MPN shares the same goals and we think Achievements will be a real game changer.