The 2012-2013 World Series of Poker Circuit schedule was released this week and it features 20 stops. This is the biggest season of the WSOP Circuit and it will also be the first time that a stop is scheduled outside of the United States.
We’ve posted the full schedule for this season’s WSOP Circuit events below along with some pertinent information players need to know about. The WSOP is one of the biggest poker tournament circuits in the world and is headlined by the WSOP Main Event. The WSOP Main Event is a $10,000 buy-in No Limit Hold’em tournament.
2012-13 World Series of Poker Circuit Schedule
– IP Casino Resort & Spa in Biloxi, MS – Aug 9th – Aug 20th 2012
– Horseshoe Bossier City in Louisiana – Sept 13th – Sept 24th 2012
– Horseshoe Southern Indiana – Sept 27th – Oct 8th 2012
– Horseshoe Hammond in Chicago – Oct 11th – Oct 22nd 2012
– River Rock in Vancouver, Canada – Oct 27th – Nov 7th 2012
– Harveys Lake Tahoe – Nov 8th – Nov 19th 2012
– Harrah’s Atlantic City – Nov 29th – Dec 10th 2012
– Harrah’s Rincon in San Diego – Dec 6th – Dec 17th 2012
– The Bicycle Casino in Los Angeles – Jan 3rd – Jan 14th 2013
– Choctaw Durant in Oklahoma – Jan 10th – Jan 21st 2013
– Harrah’s Tunica in Mississippi – Jan 24th – Feb 4th 2013
– Caesars Palace in Las Vegas – Feb 7th – Feb 18th 2013
– Palm Beach Kennel Club in Florida – Feb 14th – Feb 25th 2013
– Caesars Atlantic City – Feb 28th – Mar 11th 2013
– Horseshoe Cleveland – Mar 14th – Mar 25th 2013
– Foxwoods Connecticut – Mar 27th – Apr 8th 2013
– Harrah’s Cherokee in North Carolina – Apr 4th – Apr 15th 2013
– Horseshow Council Bluffs in Iowa – Apr 11th – Apr 22nd 2013
– Harrah’s Philadelphia – Apr 25th – May 6th 2013
– Harrah’s New Orleans – May 9th – May 20th 2013
– Harrah’s New Orleans (National Championship) – May 21st – May 23rd 2013
That’s an exhausting list of event for the 2012-13 WSOP Circuit season. There are plenty of events to play in across the country in many of the biggest casinos in the USA. This year also marks a new expansion for the WSOP Circuit, as the tour will be crossing the border into Canada for the 1st time. The 5th stop this season on the list above will be hosted at the River Rock in Vancouver.
I know quite a few Canadians that plan on attending the tournament this year and it should draw good numbers. This year there has been a small change to the National Championship. This year the tournament has been bumped up to May and will be held at Harrah’s New Orleans right after the final stop of the season, which is also hosted at the Harrah’s in New Orleans.
How to Qualify for the 2012-13 WSOP Circuit National Championship
Players that win one of the $1600 main events this season will automatically win a seat in the National Championship.
Players that win the “Official Ring Events Leaderboard” at each stop this season will also win a seat.
The top 60 players on the overall points leaderboard for the entire season also qualify for a seat.
A total of 100 players will win a seat into the National Championship tournament. If some of the T60 players won a seat through one of the other qualifying methods then the remaining seats will go to the highest ranked players after the T60.