Cost to Host a Home Poker Game
The cost to host a home poker game is not much. It depends on how fancy you want your supplies to be. Here is a brief list of the necessaries and their prices to run a poker game:
- Poker chips (about $100 to buy enough chips to host a 10 player game for above-average quality chips)
- Poker table (you can use your dining table or spend $30 in walmart for a table top). Texas Holdem poker tables are about $200. However you can pay as much couple thousand dollars as well.
Those are the essentials. However usually the host provides some snacks and entertainments as well. That can include:
- Snacks (chips, dip, biscuits, …)($15)
- Drinks (price can vary allot whether you buy soft drinks or beer/wine/liquor)
- A dealer can make your game much more professional and trusted. you can either pay the dealer close to $10 an hour or let him/her be paid by the tips from players.
There is no limit on how much you can spend for your guests, but obviously you don’t want to spend too much. One good way is to ask the players to chip in for the cost. They can each either bring something to the game or pay some of your cost.